Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

New Wall Art in the Sun Room


I wanted to give the sun room a fresh early summer look and I thought I would begin the summer mini makeover by adding some new wall art.
The first piece of wall art I added was a metal picture frame over the french doors that go out on the deck.


The metal picture frame has three openings for art.     


I put a bee print in the center opening.......


On each side of my queen bee,    I have a crown print.


Over the sofa,    I have a large metal picture frame that matches the one over the french doors.     
Before I show you some close ups of the picture over the sofa,     I want you to look thru the french doors at the deck.   The deck is covered in leaves......not as many as there was because a lot of them have dried and blown off.


We had a big hail storm here in Eastern  New Mexico Sunday afternoon.
They have already come out and looked at our roof and we're going to have to put a new one on.


Okay,   back to the new wall art........


I chose a print of a big bee for this frame.....


Are you beginning to see a pattern for the mini makeover in the sun room?


I also made a banner to hang under the bee print.      The center pennant is a water color bee print.


The pennants on each side of the bee are made with a pretty cottage style floral print.


I have a wicker chaise lounge on the right side of the sofa.......


The lounge has pretty pillows that co ordinate with the rest of the fabric in the sun room.........I included a small fringed pillow with.....you guessed it......bee print fabric on it!


When I reveal the entire sun room make over,     you will see that I've included birds too.   

 Birds and the Bee's theme.....lol!


I've added little bee's to several of the existing pieces in the sun room......


Here's a bee that's landed on the mirror


Here's what's on the other side of the sofa.        I have a big easy chair with a matching ottoman.


A big pillow that I covered with coordinating fabric.


I used the violin that was already hanging on the wall as an easel......


I wove the strings thru my Bee Kind print to attach it to the violin......then added a couple of bee's 


I have some faux sweet pea's in a vintage pitcher that belonged to my mother.


Now to make over the armoire that you can see in the back ground of the mirror.       If you follow my blog,   you may remember the big dried wreath that has hung in the armoire for the last several years.     Well,   I took it down and put it in storage for a while.      Can't wait to share the new look in the armoire!

H and I took a day trip yesterday,   so I'm going to  close my post with a photo of a wild mustard field that I took while we were out......yellow blooms as far as the eye can see!   

 Thanks  for stopping by....come back soon!





14 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration!! Love this room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute changes. That was some good sized hail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banners and printables you create, and would LOVE to know how you are able to print them without them rolling up from the printer drum!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, the only thing I can think of is that I use card stock. hugs....

      Delete
  4. Love your new art, Penny! Sorry to hear about your hail. We had two storms back to back in 2016 and I had to replace my roof too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the bee theme. We don't give them enough credit. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh look, Penny and I find the tones warm and inviting.
    Too bad to hear about your roof but I hope the repairs will go smoothly.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new fresh look is very pretty.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have a lovely taste and everything looks so pretty.Loved it.

    Greetings from Sydney and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the new roof! You have put in so many adorable little touches; I just love the fuzzy bees and that violin looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wall art looks wonderful. It is such a lovely room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny,
    I just adore your sun room!! I love all the yellow and pink florals and fabric!! The bee theme is darling!! I am trying to do a garden theme in the Sitting Room but with work and trying to get the yard and patio cleaned up, I seem to be getting nowhere..... A new roof!! O NO!! We will need another one in about 10 years and then that is when we will make the decision to move or stay here.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Penny! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny I love how you have incorporated the bee decor! I am a music teacher so I really love that painted violin. I need to find one to paint while I am out junkin' this summer to put in my music room! I am featuring you today at Thursday Favorite Things!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/ten-things-i-love-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!